Acne. Usually, acne problems show up around ages 10-13 and clear out by the mid-20s.
But for others, getting rid of acne is a never-ending battle. Whether you’re 15 or 30, acne is nobody’s friend. Luckily, we’ve got six skin-clearing secrets to cease acne at any age. Here’s to making a clear complexion your greatest conquest yet.
1. Stay hydrated. We know many people would rather choose soda or coffee over water. But if you want a clear complexion, drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day can have a major impact on skin. In fact, drinking water is one of the best ways to naturally detox your body. Flushing out toxins means wiping out acne. Plus, water helps keep the skin retain moisture, creating a healthy glow.
2. Wash your face twice a day. Dirt and oil buildup are two of the main causes of acne. Try using a mild and natural face wash, like HappyMe’s Natural Acne Wash, to unclog pores and remove dirt. You don’t need deep exfoliators or harsh chemicals, which could potentially cause further problems, like irritation and dry skin.
3. Exercise on a regular basis. Because we’re always on-the-go, take a break and work out. You can relieve stress and help your body to flush out toxins at the same time. Both will reduce the chance of breakouts.
4. Wash your sheets and towels regularly. Bacteria can easily get trapped in your linens, especially in your face towel and pillowcase. If you don’t wash them often, you’ll be wiping bacteria all over your face and increasing your chances of blemishes. Gross!
5. Use makeup tools instead of your fingers. It may seem easier to apply makeup with your fingers, but you actually end up transferring bacteria from your hands onto your face. Plus, you contaminate the makeup that you’ll continue to use in the future. No wonder those pimples keep popping up! Regularly cleaned makeup brushes are gentler on skin and help reduce the transfer of acne-causing bacteria.
6. Remove makeup before going to bed. You’ve probably been so tired that you wouldn’t mind sleeping in your makeup at least once. But leaving makeup on overnight can clog your pores and cause breakouts. So resist the temptation; take off your makeup at the end of the day. It’s one of the easiest ways to prevent acne.
Now, the tools to conquering acne are now out in the open. Bottom line: take care of your body and keep clean. Smooth, vibrant skin should be simple, and with these easy tips; it is.